October 16, 2003


From Dict.org:

The art or process of coating the inside of glass vessels with engravings or paintings, so as to give them the appearance of painted ware.

Either they're leaving something out of the definition, or that's impressively useless fancywork; it would be easier to paint the outside of a vase than to engrave the inside. Possibly they mean gluing prints of engravings to the inner side of the glass, to use the new Victorian mass of cheap illustration and avoid the need for a kiln.

Why, just so; "reverse decoupage". In a hundred years or so, Lisa Frank stickers.

So wrote clew in Word. | TrackBack
And thus wrote others:
TrackBacks turned off...